What is C.A.R.T.?
C.A.R.T. is a unique proprietary SKUFood training process that teaches a natural product business skills to understand the consumer and trends, align food products with their customer needs, develop a retail plan to grow sales by taking strategic actions that create trust relationships throughout the value chain.
- Consumer - Understanding consumer trends and who buys your products
- Alignment – Assessing and aligning with your retailer’s needs
- Retail Plan - Creating an innovative and effective retail plan
- Trust – Developing relationships built on trust
The C.A.R.T. process is a proven process for any food supply business and it will accelerate the development of new markets. It does little good for a company to enter new and export markets without the right sales strategy and process to maximize the sales opportunity and deliver the best results based on the market needs and wants. Suppliers cannot push products on unwilling consumers or markets. C.A.R.T. ensures there is a market pull for products produced.
Trust is at the core of every successful business relationship, but trusting relationships are created step-by-step through the ongoing development of skills based on the understanding of the consumer & customer needs so strategic action can be taken that will deliver new and better sales outcomes to the business.
The following diagram illustrates the C.A.R.T. learning process and how it leads to the desired outcomes: the right sales, satisfied customers and a successful business.
The C.A.R.T. program delivers the following key outcomes:
- Enhance the capacity of participants to understand consumer trends, where to find information and then to use that consumer information to ensure products are congruent with the market needs & demands.
- Learn to understand the customer (buyer) in ways to best align products with their sales needs and opportunity.
- Develop an innovative retail plan of action to leverage the overall sales potential for your products in existing & new markets.
- Establish trust relationships and bonds with customers, and throughout the value chain that will facilitate growth in both domestic and export markets.
- The staff will be more sales productive, competitive and profitable and move the company beyond the wall of complexity into new exciting and profitable markets.
- The company will be position with new skills and competitive advantages for the future.
Our SKUFood trainers guide participants through 90 minute sessions in an 8 week program. All the learning materials and workbooks are supplied.
Training is completed in person or on-line utilizing videoconference technology with a focus on applying the C.A.R.T. program strategies to the participant business operations. The training is customized to the needs of the group to achieve the most impact, best results, and most profitable outcomes for each participant. The training program is with Peter Chapman. This training program assists your business with the strategic execution and implementation of your action plan to your particular-business. Application is what ensures success & growth in new domestic & export markets.
C.A.R.T. Group coaching participants also become members of SKUfood for one year, which further expands the learning connection with trainers. The Group coaching program is structured in a manner to ensure participants apply what they learn and create a process of accountability that ensures they take-action and apply it to their business to make the most of the training time and investment.
The purpose of Group Coaching is to facilitate a skill transformation within staff to grow sales and markets, previously not possible for the company.
We will proceed step-by-step to understand which consumer is right for your business, learn how to align your business with your retailer’s needs, create a retail action plan that customers cannot ignore, and then turn what you have learned into relationships that build customer trust, increase sales and help you grow your business.
Peter Chapman not only understands the food industry, he has a passion for seeing others succeed in this business, sharing his in-depth knowledge of the retail landscape and consumers with food producers and food processors who want to grow their sales. His valuable insights will help you navigate the marketplace more effectively and get your items in to the shopping cart of the consumer more often. Peter’s extensive experience includes product development, building relationships throughout the supply chain and retail merchandising. Starting at the store level, he learned the importance of listening to the consumer and the challenges of implementing strategies at retail.